Cherry Coke

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Sometimes I wonder why people let me be out in public. My friend Lauren (I've mentioned her many a time before) wanted to pick up something to drink after we went to dinner last night. Well she didn't know exactly what she was in the mood for so we were walking around the store looking at the selection when we came across a bottle called Hot Sex and without thinking I say out loud, "I think I've had Hot Sex before." Then because it sounded like I was making an obvious cheesy joke I added, "buhdump bump" Which is my way of typing out the drum sound that can be heard at the end of bad jokes. Well Lauren and I thought it was funny, but everyone else looked at me like I was insane (a good call really). She eventually decided on something called Pinky or something like that. It's a Vodka drink infused with pink flavors. Pink is a flavor now, trust me. When she went up to check out, the guy looked at her and said "So your getting some Pinky are ya?" Which just sounds weird, but she said yes. He then said "It's interesting stuff, have you looked at the ingredients? They make it with rose petals and other stuff." I took this as another moment to make a stupid joke. I said, "Well that's great because I usually just eat my roses plain, so it will be nice to drink them for a change." He did not find this funny at all. In fact I'm pretty sure he thought I was being serious. He just stared at me like I was the biggest weirdo he'd ever seen (another good call). I did clarify that I was joking, but he saw no humor in it. I just slowly backed to the door and tried not to look any weirder than I already did to him. Lauren was laughing hysterically, mostly at the expression on his face, but at least she got my joke. Moral of the story: if you go out with me in public be prepared to have at least one person stare at me like he did before the night is over. Consider yourself warned.

4 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

That is great! What about the time you wrote about pickles in one of your papers at LCC to use up space!!!!! That was odd, but hilarious

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though I was there, it still makes me laugh to read it. But you forgot to say that along with saying "buhdump bump" you did the hand motions too. That's what got me the most. And even though every time we go out in public people do stare at us with the most awkward blank stares because we are the only ones who get our jokes; it's still totally worth going out!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Aww thanks Alli. Soon we will live closer and you can watch me make a fool of myself in person. And thanks Missy for finding that pickle thing funny because I'm pretty sure you were the only one who did. And thanks Lauren for signing in under Hootie McB.

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what you are trying to say is that you don't have Hot Sex. Poncho could diffently recomend some places to order (beep)

(The rest of this post has been deleted due to content)

"I have Hot Sex in my fridge... what?!?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home